The osteoporosis market in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region, which covers India, China, Australia, South Korea and Japan, is set to grow from $4.5 billion in 2015 to $7.7 billion in 2022, at a compound annual growth rate of 7.8%, according to new business intelligence research.
The company’s latest report states that this substantial growth can largely be attributed to the rising prevalence of osteoporosis, together with better diagnostic techniques, improving awareness, special healthcare programs for elderly populations, and increasing health insurance coverage.
This report provides analysis of the osteoporosis treatment market in the Asia-Pacific region, which covers India, China, Australia, South Korea and Japan. It includes annualized market data from 2015 and forecast to 2022.
Request the sample copy now at https://marketreportscenter.com/request-sample/352657
Gayathri Kanika, Analyst working on report said “The expansion of health insurance coverage in the APAC region will mean a reduced economic burden on patients, and will provide easier access to healthcare, especially for rural residents. As such, the region will see an increase in osteoporosis diagnosis and treatment rates for osteoporosis drugs.
“Public awareness of osteoporosis has risen over the last few years, leading to more frequent bone mineral density testing, and subsequently increasing the chances of early diagnosis. Furthermore, a number of APAC nations, including India and Australia, have also benefited from increased public investment in basic osteoporosis research funding.”
Check the discount on the report at https://marketreportscenter.com/request-discount/352657
In terms of new drugs, the late-stage osteoporosis pipeline contains promising anabolic and safer antiresorptive therapies that have the potential for approval and launch during the forecast period. Indeed, following the anticipated launch of anabolic therapies such as novel sclerostin inhibitors and human parathyroid hormone analogs, and first-in-class antiresorptive therapies such as cathepsin K inhibitors, the APAC osteoporosis market is likely to undergo rapid expansion.
Report believes that Amgen’s Romosozumab (AMG-785) is the most promising pipeline candidate due to its once-monthly dose and its ability to significantly increase lumbar spine bone mineral density from baseline at 11.3%, femoral neck at 3.7%, and total hip at 4.1%. It will be the second treatment option for patients undergoing anabolic treatment if approved before abaloparatide, and will address the largest patient subset: post-menopausal osteoporosis.
Kanika concludes: “The release of these drugs is expected to offset the impact of patent expires on the market, particularly in Japan, where drugs such as Forteo and Boniva are due to expire in 2018 and 2021, respectively, while Viviant and Recalbon/Bonoteo will expire in 2019.”
Scope of Report :
· The osteoporosis Asia-Pacific market will be valued at $7.7 billion in 2022, growing from $4.5 billion in 2015 at a CAGR of 7.8%.
· Bisphosphonates and SERMs dominate the osteoporosis market. However, unmet needs exist in terms of safety and efficacy. Will the drugs under development fulfill the unmet needs of the osteoporosis market?
· How will immunotherapies such as Prolia contribute to growth?
· What effect will the patent expirations of currently branded therapies have on market value?
· The pipeline contains a range of molecule types and molecular targets, including those that are well established in osteoporosis, and novel, first-in-class therapies.
· -Which molecular targets appear most frequently in the pipeline?
· Is there strong potential for the pipeline to address unmet needs within the osteoporosis market?
· Will the pipeline address unmet needs related to limited anabolic therapies for osteoporosis patients?
· The market forecasts indicate that Japan will contribute the most to the Asia-Pacific market value, due to the emergence of novel therapies.
· How will the annual cost of therapy and market size vary between the five Asia-Pacific markets?
· How could changes in risk factors such as aging population, calcium and vitamin D deficiency influence the market?
· Various drivers and barriers will influence the market over the forecast period.
· What are the barriers that limit the uptake of premium-priced therapeutics in the assessed countries?
· Which factors are most likely to drive the market in these countries?
Review the summary and complete table of content at https://marketreportscenter.com/reports/352657/osteoporosis-therapeutics-in-asia-pacific-markets-to-2022-growth-driven-by-rising-prevalence-growing-awareness-and-expected-launch-of-anabolic-therapies
About Market Reports Center:
Market Reports Center is an e-commerce platform obliging the needs of knowledge workers, experts, professionals who are subject to market research information for their work, or to make strategic business decisions. We are dedicated to create a comprehensive offering of market research which is accurate, credible and affordable.
Market Reports Center currently has more than 3,00,000 plus titles and 40+ Publishers on our platform and growing consistently. We cover more than 35 industry verticals being: Automotive, Electronics, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, Chemicals, Construction, Agriculture, Food, Beverages, Banking & Finance, Media and Government, Public Sector Studies.
Connect for more details:
Market Reports Center