Global mobile stroke unit market is expected to reach USD 9.4million by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc.The demand for mobile stroke unit is expected to upsurge owing to increasing demand for specialized emergency rooms on wheel to increase the stroke survival rate.
The incidence rate of stroke is high owing to the lack of awareness amongpeople related to the primary stroke signs and hence the government of developed economies such as the U.S. has established many initiatives at the national level to address this issue. Some of them are Act FAST, Stroke Training and Awareness Resources (STARS), stroke program, and cryogenic stroke awareness.
Growing healthcare cost burden has also increased the percentage of research funding for stroke. In April 2015, the Health Economics Research Centre at Oxford University compared the research spending for stroke from 2008 to 2012. The result established the fact that the percentage of stroke research funding had increased from 1% to 3%. In 2012, the government and charity spending for stroke in the UK was around USD 4.14 billion.
Stroke primarily occurs owing to obesity, high blood pressure, cholesterol, and smoking habits. 87% of the stroke is ischemic in nature due to the artery blockage in high blood pressure patients. Obesity leads to difficulty in blood circulation as the body has high fat.
Request to Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/mobile-stroke-unit-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The U.S. is the most potential market owing to increasedstroke research funding and programs undertaken to increase awareness and high penetration of telemedicine technology. In 2011, the U.S. government spent over USD 302 million for stroke research to prevent the primary signs of stroke such as atrial fibrillation and molecules discovery to treat them. The January 2015 report released by the American Hospital Association, surveyed that in 2013, 52% of hospitals used Telehealth, while 10% implemented it. Consumers are willing to use the Telehealth services (74%) highlighting the fact that telemedicine is highly adopted in the U.S.
- Germany is another potential market owing to the various research funds by the European Union to undertake cardiac research in relation to atrial fibrillation. The ‘RETRAINER’ project was supported by nine partners from Germany, Italy, Austria, and Switzerland. In March 2003, German competence Network on Atrial Fibrillation (AFNET) was formed to investigate the reason of arrhythmia and improving patient care. The concept of mobilestroke unit originated from Germany, where the University of Saarland placed a portable CT scanner in ambulance along with a neurophysiologist to analyze the survival rate instroke patients. The concept was then revolutionized and the world’s first MSU named STEMO came in to existence.
- The UK experiences around 152,000 stroke cases and an annual healthcare cost of USD 12.73 billion. The increasing concern for the lack of stroke awareness led to the foundation of the Act FAST campaign in February 2009. In February 2015, the NHS Lewisham Clinical Commissioning Group and the Public Health England together supported the Act FAST campaign highlighting the common signs of mini-strokes and strokes. After the inception of this program, 38,600 people have additionally gone to hospitals calling 999, the emergency number.
- Manufacturers are also conducting collaborative exercises to study the effect of pre-hospitalization treatment against hospital stroke treatment. In July 2012, Neurologica Corporation and Meytec partnered to develop world’s first comprehensive mobile stroke ambulance. VIMED STEMO combines Meytec’s telemedicine technology with Neurologica’s CT scanner. The state-of-the-art CereTomallows real time imaging, thus reducing the treatment. To address increasing healthcare cost burden, the European nation funded a robotic project to speed up stroke rehabilitation.
- Some key players of MSTUs market includeMeytec, Nueurologica Corporation, Excellance, Frazer, and Falck.
To Get Sample Copy of Report visit @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/mobile-stroke-unit-market/request
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, the company offers market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries including technology, chemicals, materials, healthcare and energy.
For More Information, Visit Grand View Research
Corporate Sales Specialist, U.S.A.
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519